How to Hide Certain Text Messages on Android?
Are you tired of deleting your messages? Well, if your phone is easily accessible to others, you can hide your messages as this is a great way. So, we will tell you in this guide how to hide certain text messages on android.
How to hide text messages on Android?
You have to follow the below-mentioned steps to hide essential SMS on your Android phone.
- Save text messages first.
- Then the pop-up notifications and message preview on the lock screen will be hidden.
- Now you have to use GoSMS Pro.
- Then use the private message box.
Archive text messages
If you don’t install third-party apps but still want to hide messages, archiving them is the most viable option.
Text messages can be archived on your Android messaging app by following the steps below.
Hide Text messages
- Open the Messages application on your Android phone.
- Then tap and hold the conversation you want to hide. This will bring up a list of options at the top of the screen.
- Then click on the first icon in the row.
- Now the selected conversation is moved to the archive.
What you should do to see hidden text messages
- You have to click on the three dots at the top right corner of the mobile screen.
- Then select Archive. This will show you all messages hidden from the default conversation window.
To un-hide text messages
- You need to go to the archive section. Then select the text messages you want to hide and tap on the archive icon.
- This moves the selected texts to the default conversation list
- Now hide the message popup notification and preview on the lock screen.
How messages pop up in the lock screen so everyone reads the message easily.
So you have to hide popup notifications to avoid people from reading messages from the notification bar.
How to Hide text messages on the android lock screen?
- Open your Android settings.
- Then go to ‘Privacy‘ and click on ‘On Screen Lock‘ and select ‘Hide Sensitive Content‘ there.
- If your phone is still running on the previous Android version then go to ‘Settings‘ and ‘Security & Location options.
- Then under the ‘Device Security‘ section, select ‘Lock Screen Preferences‘.
- After that click on the ‘On Lock Screen‘ option and select ‘Hide Sensitive Content‘.
- This does not preview any messages from the lock screen.
Disable pop-up notification on screen?
- For this, in your Android, open the ‘Settings‘ option and go to ‘Apps & Notifications‘.
- The second step is to tap on the ‘See All Apps‘ option.
- In the third step, select the messaging app you want to block pop-up messaging notifications from.
- After that click on App Open.
- In the next step, you have automatically redirected to the ‘App Info‘ age and heir tap on ‘Notifications‘.
- Here you tap on the gear icon which is available with each notification category.
- Then flick the ‘Pop on Screen‘ slider to disable pop-up notifications on the screen.
This will not pop up any message on your screen.
How to hide SMS with third-party apps?
As there are plenty of third-party apps that you can use to hide SMS from your phone, but first let’s talk about how to hide SMS using an app called ‘Message Locker‘. can
- For this, you need to download the ‘Message Locker app from the Google Play Store on your Android smartphone.
- In the second step, you open the app and create a PIN or pattern lock that you have to use every time.
- Now you also provide recovery options, so you can access the app when you forget your password.
- Then select all the apps you want to hide, here you can select your stock messaging app or any other messaging apps.
- Along with this, you will also get some other features that you will be able to see from the menu bar as well. There you will also find options to lock photos, clear trash, or upgrade the app.
- Using this method you can easily hide your messaging app from the interface.
How to Hiding WhatsApp Texts on Android from Specific Contacts?
- Many people use WhatsApp for SMS messaging. To block texts and calls on WhatsApp for specific contacts, you can download an app called ChatLocker for WhatsApp from the Google Play Store.
- The second step is to launch the chat locker and set the passcode. You can also use the fingerprint locker from the app’s settings.
- The third step is to allow the app to access WhatsApp chats/groups by going to the “Accessibility” option in the phone’s settings.
- The next step is to go to the WhatsApp chat locker home screen and click on the “+” sign to add WhatsApp contacts. You must ensure that access permissions are enabled.
- After that, select the WhatsApp contact or group that you want to spy on. Contact can be seen in the chat locker app home screen by adding.
- Once done, any WhatsApp texts and calls from that contact will not show without re-entering the passcode.
Can you hide a text conversation on Android?
Messages allow you to save conversations to hide them from the home screen without permanently deleting them.
Tap & hold the conversation you need to hide. Now a list of icons will appear at the top of the screen. You need to tap the folder with the arrow pointing down.
Can the text thread be hidden without deleting it?
You can lock or hide messages, and it is possible to turn off message previews to protect your personal information.
Then focus on how to hide iMessage conversations without deleting them from your Phone.
Can you hide a text message?
Alerts can be hidden from this specific contact so no one knows you have long conversations throughout the day.
To do this, you need to go to Messages, then select your text message thread, and tap on your contact’s name. Now toggle on Hide warnings and ready to go.
What is the benefit of saving text messages?
Text archiving services are capable of providing you with an accurate digital record of both sides of an exchange that cannot be altered or tampered with, even if one party deletes messages or their account.
This means that in the event of a future dispute, you have solid accounting of all transactions that can protect your business.
How to Print Text Messages From My Android Phone?
How to see hidden Text Messages on Android?