How to Block Inappropriate Website on Android?
If you’ve got a smartphone or tablet for your kids, you want them to be in control, so you want an option to block websites on Android.
Apart from this, if there is any other reason, then in this article we will tell you How to Block Inappropriate Website on Android.
Block websites with the app.
You can always consider using apps for this. You will find various applications for this, but we will tell you How to Block Inappropriate Website on Android that do not require rooting your device.
Google Family Link
If you want to monitor your child’s online activity and protect them from inappropriate websites, Google Family Link should be your first choice.
It lets you block websites on Chrome and set limited access to certain apps and mature content on Google Play.
If you want to know more about How to Block Inappropriate Website on Android, then you should read this guide carefully so that you can understand how it works.
If you want to reduce your latency by blocking websites, BlockSite is the way to go.
This application is easy to use and has a clean interface that will help you in the process of blocking websites and apps.
However, what makes it even more awesome is the ability to schedule blocking and it’s work mode that helps you stay productive.
BlockSite also has password protection, so you’ll be able to lock the app yourself, and it’s compatible with both desktop and mobile.
Also use it to protect kids from unwanted content, thanks to the option to block all adult websites at the click of a button.
You’ll find many of its useful features behind a paywall, including blocking unlimited sites. Its main feature is that it is not very expensive.
Antivirus apps with parental controls
If you want to combine online security with parental controls, there are antivirus apps that come with built-in parental controls.
Mobile Antivirus by Trend Micro is a great option, but parental controls are a premium feature that requires an annual subscription.
Block websites with a firewall
Using a firewall. You can block websites on Android. Most of these require rooting your device, but there are root-free options.
NoRoot Firewall’s interface is very easy to use, requires minimal permissions, and lets you create filters based on domain names, IP addresses, and hostnames.
It is also possible to control specific connections of apps.
- First, you need to open the app and go to the global tab at the bottom.
- The second step is to tap on the new pre-filter option.
- After that, if you want to block the website on both connections, check both Wi-Fi and Data icons.
- You have to enter the address of the website you want to block on Android.
- Then on the Port tab, select * and press OK.
- Now go back to the home tab and press start.
Use a Website Blocker
With website blocker apps you can schedule times when apps and websites are blocked. As such it keeps you free from distractions with these features:
- In it, you will get various features like automatic blocking of mature sites.
- A task mode for setting time intervals and intervals.
- Another is to schedule blocking websites and apps.
- This includes blocking individual web pages.
- BlockSite is completely free and does not contain ads.
Follow the steps below to add a website to the blocked sites list in Blocksite:
- First, you need to launch the block site and tap the plus sign (+) in the bottom right corner.
- Then type the URL of the website you want to block and tap on the green check mark.
- The next step is to tap on the alarm clock in the upper right corner.
- Now you choose the times and days of the week which website you want to block.
- Finally, tap the toggle switch next to the schedule to apply the settings and tap the back arrow to go back to the block sites page.
Why do parents block websites on kids’ phones?
Parents may have to block certain websites on a child’s phone due to the dangers of the Internet.
Here are some of the reasons why you might want to block websites from your kids’ phones:
In today’s era, pornographic content on the internet has increased a lot and in the form of advertisements, it keeps appearing on various websites.
Therefore, to prevent children from accessing websites that have remote links to porn sites, they have to be blocked.
Moral beliefs and general values:
Every individual in this world is a follower of values and wants to pass on these beliefs and values to the next generation.
But various websites make negative points about these beliefs and values. That’s why parents want to restrict certain websites on their children’s phones.
Children are very innocent. They don’t know about the person who is scamming on the internet platform.
Buying certain items from an untrusted website or providing personal information on such fraudulent websites can lead to harm.
Many websites target young children and can make them victims of sexual assault. Such people pretend to be good and then take advantage of children.
Therefore, parents should block certain websites to protect their children from these sexual predators.
Now you know that there are many dangers on the internet, and that’s why it’s great as a parent to block inappropriate websites from a child’s phone.
Above we have told you all the ways parents can know how to block inappropriate websites.
Can I block websites on my Android without the app?
How can I block websites on my Android without an app?
- Block websites by editing the host’s file.
- You can also block websites using a firewall.
- Also, it is possible to block websites using your antivirus.
- It is possible to block websites using privacy-oriented browsers.
- Websites can also be blocked using the NordVPN Threat Protection feature.
How can I block inappropriate content on my kids’ phones?
If you use an Android phone, set up parental controls on Google Play. This will prevent your kids from downloading apps that are not suitable for them.
You can likewise use the Google Family Link application to set filters on website apps.
How do I block unwanted websites permanently?
How do I block any website at the browser level?
- For this, you need to open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. After that click on the security tab and click on the red restricted sites icon.
- In the next step pop-up, manually type the websites you want to block one by one. After typing the name of each site click on Add.
Is there a free way to block websites?
FocalFilter is a great and feature-free website blocker. In it, you choose the websites to block, and you set how long to block them.
How do I restrict inappropriate content?
- Can set up parental controls and apply parental controls to your home broadband.
- Also, the safe search must be turned on on search engines. You should encourage your child to use child-friendly search engines, such as Swiggle. …
- You need to make sure that every device is protected.
- You must set filters.
- Block pop-ups and you can explore sites and apps simultaneously.
How do I stop my child from watching inappropriate videos?
If your child is exposed to pornographic material, here are three things you should do:
- First, don’t react emotionally.
- Second, you should encourage follow-up questions.
- Third, you need to make it clear that viewing pornography is not okay.
In this article, we have told you How to Block Inappropriate Website on Android?.
With their help, you can control your child’s device. Parents can also take the help of Spur apps to block all the immoral and unethical content found on various websites.