How To Transfer Texts From Android To Android?
If you are changing your phone and don’t want to lose the previous data including SMS. This piece of article will thoroughly instruct you on How to transfer texts from Android to Android.
How to transfer text from Android to Android?
This can be the overview of the ways to transfer messages from one Android to another. All you require is to follow the given instructions.
- First, Download and install Droid Transfer 1.34 (transfer companion).
- Connect the Android phone to your PC.
- Tap on the “Messages” tab.
- Now create a backup of your texts in your Google Drive.
- Then Disconnect the device and connect the new Android phone to the computer.
- Select which text you want to transfer from the backup to the new phone.
- Lastly, click on “Restore”
All your old mobile texts will be transferred to the new one.
How to transfer text from Android to Android?
The basic trick to transfer text messages from one Android to another is to backup and restore them to the new device.
Droid Transfer 1.34 version
The updated Droid Transfer App version doesn’t support this function but to some alterations.
Still, you can try the Droid Transfer 1.34 and transfer companion version, it contains the functionality of backup and restores.
It is such a professional tool kit for all types of Android media transfer requirements.
You can also backup texts from your old Android on your computer and save them to restore in another new Android device.
You will not require rooting your Android device to use this Application.
Moreover, backup is performed by Droid Transfer locally over a Wi-Fi or a USB connection.
Method to use Droid Transfer 1.34
You start this process you require to download both parts of the program.
Download and install Droid Transfer on your Windows or laptop and also on Android mobile.
Download Transfer Companion 2
APK on your Android phone. Follow these given steps below.
- Firstly, you have to Enable APK Installs.
- Go towards the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Android 8 and higher: swipe down and click on “Apps and Notifications“.
- Samsung Galaxy: click on Biometrics and security.
- Android 7 and lower: (1) Swipe down and click on the Security option (Lock screen and security).
- Now tap on the toggle to permit “Unknown sources“.
- Verify by clicking OK if inspired.
- If you are using Android 7 or lower, you can cut to option 2.
- Click on the “Install Unknown Apps“. You may see the “Install other apps” option depending on your Android version. If you can’t view either of these options then you may first be required to click on “Special access”.
- Select the fine browser (such as Google Chrome) you expect to use to download the APK file.
- Toggle on the “Allow from this source” button to get it ‘on’.
- Click km to “OK” to verify these settings if you are motivated to.
Backup and Restore Android Messages on PC:
Once you download and install the software on your PC and connect to your mobile which has your essential messages.
You can only do this by Wi-Fi or USB. Now you can see all the media on the computer including texts.
Connect Android and PC
So now you can open the tab messages. You will see a list of contact numbers on the left side.
Open the “Messages” tab in the Droid Transfer.
On the left-hand side, you will find a list of contacts.
There are all of the text conversations are saved and stored on your Android phone. When you tap on a contact’s name then it will show up that conversation on the right-hand side which encompasses messages sent, received, and other media.
Viewing Android messages on a PC:
So now you have the selection to backup all the text messages or only particular conversations.
Then click “Backup” to verify. It will create backups of your text messages this way is great for saving.
If any wrong thing happens to your existing phone such as damages or may be data loss, you’ll then have a backup of your texts which you can easily restore to your new phone.
Backup and restore text messages Android:
Backup from the old mobile is done.
- Now it’s time for a new mobile! Pick your new Android phone, download Transfer Companion on it, and then connect it to Droid transfer on the spot of the earlier Android phone.
- Then, go towards the “Messages” tab and tap “Backup & Restore”. At this moment we are going to click the “Restore” button.
- We must notify Droid Transfer where it can find the backup of our Android texts. When you have chosen the backup file then tap “Open“.
- Now at this level, you have to follow the prompts on the Android device to temporarily alter your default messaging application. This is needed so that Droid Transfer can duplicate your texts, but the alter will be regressed once the transfer is done.
- Ultimately, Droid Transfer will enable you to either restore all the texts or restore chosen texts to a phone. Just do your choice and then click “Restore”! Droid Transfer will transfer your text to your new Android phone.
How to selectively transfer SMS from one Android to another Android?
Sometimes you only want to transfer texts selectively. In this condition, you would better choose Dr.Fone – Phone Manager which is formulated to complete Android text transfer.
- Download and open Dr.Fone, and choose the “Phone Manager” option from the main screen.
- Attach the two Android phones to your PC using the USB ports. Tap the upper corner and now you can view the names of both Android phones.
Now Tap on the name to define it as the source Android for text transfer.
- Tap on the “Information” tab. On the next screen, you can view the Contacts and messages on the left column. Tap on “SMS” to access all the texts.
- Swipe on the screen to see which messages are required to transfer Then choose the SMS threads, tap on the “Export” icon on the top bar, and select the name of the target Android.
How to transfer SMS from Android to Android in 1 click?
To learn this follow these simple steps.
- Download and open MobileTrans on your PC and choose the “Phone Transfer” module from its welcome screen, and select Phone to Phone to continue.
- Attach both the Android phone to the computer. In a short time, the app will inspect them automatically and show up on both Android phones.
- Now, just choose the type of data you wish to transfer. To transfer messages from Android to Android, tap the “Text messages” option from the list and click on the Start button.
Wait for the message transfer process to be finalized. Then you can see your old SMS on your new Android mobile.
How to transfer messages from Android to Android by using Bluetooth?
This method is not primarily recommended due to some security concerns. So consider it as the last option to transfer SMS.
You can follow these points to transfer Android SMS via Bluetooth.
- Firstly, Bring the source and the target Android phone nearby.
- Now turn on the Bluetooth option on both Android phones and connect them by verifying the passcode.
- Open the Messaging app on the source device and choose the SMS that you want to transfer.
- Open its Settings and select “Send “ or share “ the chosen SMS that you want to send via Bluetooth.
- A list of all the accessible Android phones will be shown. Simply click on the specific device to receive the SMS.
- On the chosen Android you will receive a prompt for the coming data. Click “Agree” and initiate the SMS transfer process.
Can you transfer messages from one phone to another?
Yes! It is easy to transfer messages from one phone to another with the help of Droid Transfer 1.43. Open App and both devices a box will appear following the instructions to succeed.
How do I export all my messages from Android?
Let’s glimpse how we can save the SMS.
- Open Droid Transfer on your computer.
- Now open the Transfer Companion application on your mobile and attach it via Wi-Fi or USB.
- Tap on Messages in Droid Transfer and choose the chats you want to save.
- Tap on Save PDF to backup your SMS to a PDF file.
Can Google backup text messages?
Yes! If you are using Android 8 or later, Android allows you to backup your data including contacts, call history, and SMS to Google Drive automatically.
And you can restore that backup data to a new device by Gmail in which you backup your data.
How to transfer text messages from Android to Android devices for free?
The Droid Transfer App is free to use. You can transfer SMS with the help of this app for free.
- Download and install Droid Transfer 1.34 and Transfer Companion 2.
- Attach your Android phone to the PC
- Go to the “Messages” tab.
- Make a backup of your SMS.
- Now disconnect the mobile and attach the new Android phone.
- Select which SMS to transfer from the backup to the new device.
- Now click “Restore“.
How to transfer text messages from Android to the computer?
You can transfer messages from Android to the computer by Droid Transfer. Connect mobile via USB, open the Droid Transfer and select the conversation you want to transfer to the PC. Then tap on the ” Save PDF”.
Your messages will get saved in PDF form on your computer.
How to transfer text messages to a new Samsung phone?
- The process to transfer messages to the Samsung phone is the same as other Android devices.
Download Droid Transfer and connect your Samsung to your PC, and open the “messages” tab. Now create a Backup of your targeted messages.
- Connect another phone and restore the backup you created on the PC.
Now, these techniques must help you with How To Transfer Texts From Android To Android.
Out of these options Droid Transfer and MobileTrans can be the best option to succeed in your target.
For more help, you have to visit their official website.
This will help you to transfer SMS from one device to another hassle-free and smoothly. Which method do you use?