How to Factory Reset An Android Phone When Locked?
It can be troublesome to reset an Android phone when it is locked.
In this article we are representing you certain ways by which you can effortlessly do this task with ease.
Simplest way to Factory Reset an Android Phone When It Locked:
Most probably this is one of the simplest and easiest tricks to reset an Android locked phone. Put your device in recovery Mode.
- Press and hold the volume up button and power button of your phone simultaneously.
- A Menu will appear on phone screen, see for the option “Recovery Mode“
- Select the option which offers you to reset all data from your Android device.
- The last step may vary from device to device, but the basic step will remain the same.
Clues to Factory Reset an Android Phone When It is Locked:
No doubt phone locking is such a good feature for security reasons but sometimes it can create trouble if you forget the password or you can’t unlock due to some technical software problem.
It can create problems for the device holder.
Luckily there are ways to unlock and reset your Android phone.
The ultimate solution to this situation is to reset the phone to factory settings.
This will allow full access to your device.
In reality there are more options but some can result in loss of data, those ways are useful if you don’t have important data in your device.
Below are some explained ways by which you can bypass phone lock and can reset your phone.
Perform a Manual Reset:
Setting an Android device to Recovery Mode is one fastest way to bypass lock and reset your mobile.
For activating this you have to hold the volume up button power button simultaneously > After a while a menu will show up > find Recovery Mode in the menu > There will be an option which offers you to restore the phone.
This is quite an effective solution which requires not much effort.
Use an Android Unlock Tool:
This is another smart trick to reset Android when it is locked. The trick is to use DroidKit. It is a toolkit for PCs which unlocks your phone. By the help of this App you will not lose your data like in the previous one. You will unlock your phone, save your important data and then you can reset your Android device easily. This trick is great if you don’t want to lose your precious data yet you also want to reset your device. To gain such benefits from this App you have to follow given steps:
- Firstly, launch the DroidKit toolkit on your PC.
- Select “Screen Unlocker” mode.
- Now connect your locked Android device to your PC.
- Select the “Start” button.
- When the configuration file will be ready.
- On the next page tap on the “Remove Now” option.
- Select your Android brand which you are going to unlock.
- Now follow the instructions for removing the lock screen.
- DroidKit will automatically perform a factory reset.
Reset your locked Android Device Through Android Device Manager:
If you don’t want to try any of the previous methods then you can go for reset through Android device manager.
But there is a situation that it only works when this specific service is activated before locking the mobile.
- Before the procedure you have to make sure to run ADM (application data management) from a PC or device.
- Login to your Google account.
- Search for your device.
- Enter a temporary password.
- Now go back to the locked device.
- Which will display the empty password field on the main screen.
- Then enter the new password and reset it.
- Now you can reset your Android device normally.
Factory reset locked Android phone through Find My Device:
Factory reset locked Android device with the help of find my device option.
This option is also great if you have a Google login into your device which you want to reset.
- Open “Android Device Manager” on your PC and login your Google account which is also logged in the device you are resetting.
- For opening your device lock screen click on the “Lock Button” on your chosen device.
- Then enter a temporary but strong password.
- Now click the “Lock button” again.
- Now your phone password is reset and you can open your mobile by that password. Now You can reset your Android device and then factory reset it.
Is It Possible to Reset a Locked Android Device?
YES! It is pretty possible. All Android devices can reset to factory settings when locked.
This feature is for user benefits so that they will not lock out on their number.
And so that data will remain safe.
A factory reset on locked Android is easy to do But it can remove all your important data from devices that are not backed up, moreover you have to install all apps again.
So do it carefully when there is no important data in your device.
How to reset Samsung mobile?
To reset Samsung device when locked, follow below steps.
- Press the Power button to power off the mobile.
- Now click and hold the power button, Volume up button, and the home button together simultaneously.
- Notice carefully, when the device vibrates then Only release the Power button.
- A menu will show up on the next screen. When you see it then release the remaining buttons.
- Make the Use of Volume down button to highlight ‘Delete all user data‘.
- Now click the Power button. Press it again to choose Yes.
- Then remove all user data.
For Samsung devices that have no Home button (such as Galaxy S10, Galaxy S11, Galaxy S20, Galaxy S21, Note 20), the instructions are given,
- Power off your device by pressing the power off button.
- Click and hold the Power button, Volume up button, and the Bixby button.
- When your phone vibrates then release all buttons simultaneously.
- Next the Android recovery screen menu will show up. It may take almost 30sec.
- Now utilize the Volume down button to highlight the Wipe data/factory reset.
- Click the Power button to choose. Again click the Power button to choose Yes.
- Remove all user data.
Note: Some Android users have reported that, from Android 11 onwards your phone needs to be connected to power through USB to set Recovery mode.
How to reset an Android phone when locked by using a computer?
Here is the solution to reset an Android device by using a computer.
Follow below instructions,
On Your Computer:
- Start your PC.
- Open Settings and the open Applications.
- In Applications, choose the “Phone Link app” from the list.
- Now choose Advanced options then Reset.
- Relaunch Phone Link on your computer.
- it will work, but if it will not work then you have to reset you Applications on both of your devices.
On your Android phone:
- Open your device Settings.
- Open Apps > Link to your Windows.
- Click on “Force Stop” and assure when prompted.
On your PC:
- Go to your browser and visit this website https://accounts.microsoft.com/devices/android-ios.
- Login with your own Microsoft account.
- You will see the list of all of your connected devices there.
- A list will show up which contains all your connected devices.
- Choose Show details 》More actions 》 Unlink this phone.
- Click on Start (or you can press the Windows logo key on the keyboard),
- Now choose Settings > Phone and select Unlink this PC.
- Then choose the “Back” button to return to Windows Settings Home, and then after that click on Apps.
- In Applications & features, choose the Phone Link option.
- Choose Advanced options then click on Reset.
How to unlock your phone when you forget the password?
If you have forgotten your password then you can unlock your Android easily following instructions given below to succeed.
This is resetting password only for Android 4.4 or lower.
- When you try your wrong password multiple times then an option of “Forgot Password” will appear.
- Click on Forgot pattern.
- Now enter your Google Account username and password which is added to your phone already.
- Now Reset your mobile screen lock.
- Maybe some Android have different actions but the basic procedure is the same. visit your manufacturer’s support site.
How to unlock Android phone password without factory reset?
Unlock Android lock by using standard mode without factory reset.
Install a toolkit in your PC which will help you unlock the phone without data loss.
- Firstly install and launch the “Android Unlock” on your PC.
- From the screen tap on the option ‘Screen Unlock‘
- Now connect your Android device to your PC with the help of USB and tap on ‘Unlock Android Screen‘ option.
- Now after unlocking your Android device you can factory reset. Your data will not be lost.
How to factory reset Android device when locked oppo?
Factory resetting in OPPO when locked is quite easy to do. Follow as below.
- Firstly turn off your Android 11 OPPO mobile by clicking and holding the Power button almost for 10 seconds.
- Click and hold both the volume down and Power button and then release simultaneously when the OPPO logo appears.
- Now in the Recovery mode, click the “language“.
- Click “Wipe data” and write the verification code shown up on the screen.
- Click on “Format Data”. Wait until data reset. Then click OK.
- Now the phone will reboot and restore to its own factory state.
- Now is the time that you can start to set up your phone and restore the backup you made in the phone.
How to reset LG phones?
LG phones are easy to reset because the help of these guide:
- Press the Power button to power off your mobile.
- Click and hold the Lock/Power button and the Volume down button for almost 10 seconds.
- Quickly leave both buttons when the System recovery screen is shown. ( Note for LG V30: When the LG’s logo shown, rapidly release and then re-hold the Power button only while proceed to hold the Volume down button again)
- Make Use of the Volume buttons to scroll to option ‘Factory Data Reset’.
- Click the Lock button.
- Press any of the Volume buttons to highlight Yes, then click on the Lock button to confirm.
How to reset Huawei mobiles when locked?
Follow the steps below and then you can safely reset your huawei mobile phones.
- Power off your phone by clicking on the power off button.
- Click and hold the power button and Volume Up button.
- When the startup screen will show up then leave the Power button and then after exactly 3 seconds release the Volume Up button also. Your mobile will enter into the recovery mode.
- Make use of the Volume buttons or you can touch the screen to choose factory reset.
- On the next screen which says, “Confirm removing all user data?” in this use the Volume buttons or you can touch the screen to choose the factory reset.
How to reset Motorola phones?
You can Reset your Motorola phone by the trick given below.
- Power off your device by clicking the power off button.
- Click hold the power button and Volume Down button.
- Next when the options menu show up then use the Volume buttons to reach to “RECOVERY MODE”
- Click the Power button to continue into Recovery mode.
- On the next You will view a picture of an Android robot having a red exclamation mark. Click the power button and volume button together.
- Make Use of the volume buttons to reach the “factory reset” option and then click the Power button to choose it.
- Use Volume buttons and reach the button “Yes” and then click the Power button to choose it.
The above given trick was all about how to Factory Reset An Android Phone When Locked. You can try any of these.
If you are confused with the concept, which option is better to use? Then it depends upon you.
If you don’t want to lose your data then go for the toolkit option, unlock and reset with the help of a computer.
On other hand if you don’t have any important data in your device then you can go for manual reset without any hesitation as it is easy to do.